What exactly are the genetic aspects of hair loss, and can it be stopped or at least reduced? With a bit of luck and early intervention, you will definitely see some positive results. However, genetics are powerful, and it can be hard to fight them.
After all, genetic hair loss is the predominant form of hair loss around the world, so if you are beginning to notice some hair thinning, you are in good company. That said, it can be incredibly stressful at the time, so read on to find out what you can do about it.
Do Genetics Cause Male and Female Pattern Baldness?
The most common form of hair loss – male and female pattern hair loss – is genetic in nature. Your genes determine most of what is apparent about your hair, including its thickness, orientation, and whether it is curly or straight.
As you age, you become increasingly likely to trigger pattern hair loss. There are hundreds of genes that are involved with this form of hair loss, and what is well documented, is that these genes then activate a particular hormonal mechanism involving dihydrotestosterone – a male sex hormone.
This hormone is useful as we go through puberty for a number of reasons – for example, it develops bodily hair. But it also has a curious side effect of bonding to follicles on the crown, causing them to shrink.
So simply put, your genes not only cause baldness, but also have a large say in when it starts.
Where Do The Genes Come From?
We know that genes play a huge role, but where do these genes come from?
The common wisdom around hair loss is that it is dependent on the genes you inherit from your mother’s side of the family. So, if your maternal grandfather was losing hair rapidly by his 40’s, there is a good chance that you will too.
That said, a balding father can be just as good an indicator of your hair’s future, especially for men. The age-old myth that the hair loss gene is inherited from your mother’s side is simply derived from the fact that many of the genes related to hair are contained in the ‘x’ chromosome, passed down by the mother. However, there is no single gene for baldness – it is a combination of over 100 different genes – making it just as easily inherited from your father’s side.
Other Causes of Hair Loss
Hair loss can be caused by several other conditions, including:
- Stress: Placing the body under a lot of stress can affect a whole range of natural metabolic processes and can cause temporary or premature hair loss.
- Nutrition: Your skin needs the right minerals and nutrients to provide a healthy environment for hair growth.
- Hormonal Changes: Specific androgenetic hormones are implicated in the shrinking of hair follicles. Hormonal imbalances can result from several environment triggers.
- Medications: Medications may accelerate or trigger baldness in particular individuals.
- Illness: Certain illnesses can cause temporary forms of baldness, for example, Alopecia Areata.
How Can You Treat Genetic Hair Loss?
The treatment of genetic hair loss is difficult – but can be done with the help of expert medical consultants and the latest treatment processes.
You can obtain serious results for genetic hair loss through the use of Advanced Hair Studio’s industry leading flagship treatments, including:
- Strand-by-Strand®: Industry leading transplants help your hairline to regenerate with all-natural hair. Crafted to be undetectable, Strand-by-Strand®.
- Laser Therapy: With a low-level laser spurring regrowth underneath the skin, hair follicles have the chance to heal over damage and support hairs once more.
- Advanced Hair Fibres: Natural keratin fibres can instantly rebuild your hair and restore the volume that was lost.
If you are suffering from hair loss right now, be assured that Advanced Hair Studio can help tailor a treatment program just for you. Contact us now to learn more.
Contact Advanced Hair Studio United Kingdom For Proven Hair Transplants
Over 500,000 people around the world have had their lives changed by our treatments. We know they work because we have seen it first hand, and we have hundreds of thousands of happy customers who are prepared to back our expertise.
Restore your confidence today: